Ty06

In science class we are learning about structures and forces. So this time we had to make a structure that can support 30cm high in the air and stand 10cm away from a desk and hold it for one minute.We failed, our structure held it up for 15 seconds and didn’t even stand 10 cm away from the desk. I think we should of planned it out better and stay more focused on the task so we could of constructed it better.

In science we are learning about structures and forces. We were asigned to make a bridge that will support a golf ball. Our bridge made it through all 5 trials, but what would of made it a little better was if we could have more time instead of the 40 minutes we had. We also had a limited amount of suplies, we had 30 cm of tape,15 paper clips and 20 large straws.But our instructions weren’t as clear as they should of been. The instructions said to make a bridge not a slide but everyone started too and some ended up with a slide.

This is my Savanna Grassland food web. Our assignment was to create a food web to show what animal eats what and the direction of energy coming from the animal depending on what it eats. I think I could of made my poster neater and coloured it nicer. 

Picture 018

This is my ecosystem of a Wolverine. It shows it’s enemies and why it is an endangered species in Alberta. There is factory that causes global warming and there is a house that shows that it is being hunted down and closer to becoming an extinct animal. The human is the Wolverines biggest enemy. The Wolverine eats small animals such as mice, rabbits and squirrels.

Adding and Subtracting Integers

This video is teaching you how to add and subtract integers using a number line with a couple of other rules too.

In Science class we were asked to create a plant that could live in a particular environment. Our plant is called Jactorius. The roots absorb all the nutrients it can grab. The leaves absorb the sun and help with transpiration. The stem holds all the water and nutrients and the when it fills up all the way the water drips down the vines at the top and people can go to the vines and drink the water. The spikes are to keep the animals away.

7 thoughts on “Ty06

1. Nice food web Ty!
    You did excellent on labeling the animals. You should just work on the flow of energy other than that great job!

2. G’day Ty,

Thanks for joining the March 2011 student blogging challenge. So you can contact other students and look at their blogs, make sure you keep referring to this page on the challenge blog.

Also each week starting in March, check out the student challenge blog for the different activities to do – look at ‘Latest challenge posts’ under the map on the right sidebar.

3. Hi Ty,
    I enjoyed looking at your blog. You taught me some interesting information about the wolverine. I didn’t realize it is close to becoming an extinct animal – thanks for sharing your learning with me!

4. i really liked your ecosystem because everything was great so keep on doiung your good work

5. We had do the same thing in science. That week we did that I learned about stuff I didn’t know before. Some animals eats little ones. I hope yall had fun when yall did that project because people I was working with was having fun.

6. Hi Ty,
    I`m from Australia, Tasmania
    i like the ecosystem picture
    you must be a very creative person.